Monday, January 24, 2011

Set in Stone 24/365

I've walked past this corner of the sidewalk at the end of my street hundreds, probably millions, of times and I'm still not quite sure what it means...And I always wonder who wrote it?
Day 24 of 365...


"Come To The Abby"
What's 'the abby'?
Where is it?
Who wrote this?!
When did they write it?
Why?

So many questions, and I doubt a single one will ever be answered! 
But that's okay, I can always wonder.

Update: The practicum went really well today! I didn't get lost (hooray!) and the read aloud went really well--my partner is a talker! He's in first grade and quite hilarious, I think it will be a lot of fun working with him and I'm pretty excited! (Such a teacher...)

Also, I got a message from Andy today (finally)--he called while I was in class--so at least I know he's alive.  He said he was heading home tonight though, so I'm hoping to hear from him again soon...but mostly I'm hoping to see him soon!! I'm going a little crazy ;)


And I'll leave you with a little gem from Maddie tonight:
In regards to why you shouldn't drink something that has a skull-and-crossbones on it, she says: "because it's only for pirates; only pirates can drink that kind of juice."   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment