Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fortune 23/365

So, if you didn't know, I love Asian food and I especially love fortune cookies :)  I end up with a lot of fortunes, and I've been trying to keep better track of them lately so that I can collect them.  Andy wants to put them all in a collage in a frame, and what better way to save your fortunes? But, we need to keep collecting, here is my collection so far...
Day 23 of 365...


9 fortunes and counting! I have a couple pretty good ones in there too...my favorite is: "You have a fine capacity for the enjoyment of life" - it's just nice :) 

8 am class tomorrow and it's the first day of our practicum! (That's where instead of going to class, we go out to an elementary school and teach lessons or work with kids one on one, etc...) Always exciting, and always nerve-wracking! For one thing, I'm horrible at directions and even though I've been there once, the probability of me getting lost is still pretty high. It's sad really, even with a GPS I still get lost!  And I'm hoping my read aloud goes well - this quarter we're working with individual kids rather than the whole class, so it's slightly less stressful - I'm not sure the story has much of a point, but I'm trying to make one out of it so we'll see how it goes...luckily it isn't graded! That's a first...

Also, Andy is still in Montana - they're supposed to be leaving tomorrow, but I haven't heard from him since Friday night so who knows. I'm hoping he's okay and just fell asleep early last night or something, since he didn't call (which I was very sad about).  Crossing my fingers he calls tonight and is coming home tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment