Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cupid's Factory 43/365 & 44/365

Yeah, yeah...I know...I'm totally failing lately; and I'm oh so sorry! Life gets in the way...well more often sleep takes priority, but you know, life. Anyway...I spent a large portion (probably too large) of my time this weekend doing Valentine's Day things...I finished my Valentines and cookies :) now if I could just get the motivation to finish my homework...

Here are some of my Valentines!
Day 43 of 365...



So remember that cool idea I mentioned in the last post? Well the design on the little cards, and the big pink card, is that cool idea! Well, kind of...they (click to check out the blog that I found the idea on) had fancy pens that they were using, but I used watercolors for these ones :) 
Basically you draw a little heart, and draw one continuous line from the bottom of the heart all around the paper in random loops and whatnot...then you color in some of the spaces and it makes a fun design!
I saw some other examples of these with non-Valentines colors and they were just as cute, I may be addicted...

And speaking of addicted...I got hooked on making these cookies all afternoon! I love baking...it's way more fun than homework! 
Day 44 of 365...


It was quite the process to make these bad boys...college kids don't own rolling pins, so I used a glass to roll the dough.  Also, college kids don't own KitchedAid mixers, so I used a handheld electric mixer and let me tell you...they are not as efficient. 
But they turned out quite well if I do say so myself! (Especially the frosting ;) )
I'm taking some to class tomorrow to share for Valentine's Day :) 
Just spreading the love! 


Also, today is the "Love is the Movement" day to write "love" on your arms in support of suicide prevention. Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out To Write Love on Her Arms 

Happy Almost Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment