Thursday, March 3, 2011

Circular Things 61/365

Can I be honest? I could not think of a more creative title having to do with circles and my photo for this post...just wasn't happening...I think I need to go to sleep...ha anyway...

Day 61 of 365...more circles!


Mmm I love candles...as you can see, most of mine have been burned down to the end of their lives.
Time for some new ones I think! 

This weekend I'm volunteering at the Children's Literature (alternative) Conference at school and I'm so excited (nerd?)--tonight for my class we went and listened to children/young adult author Kirby Larson talk about her writing process and how it might be applied in an elementary classroom, which was really interesting...for me! But some of you might read that and think I'm losing my mind (which may be true regardless).  Anyway, tomorrow (for the same class) we're helping out at the Author's Reception and then on Saturday is the actual conference--Kirby Larson and Chris Raschka are the speakers this year, and from what I've read of their work I think it will be really interesting to hear them talk. Ahh..such a teacher (kind of).

Yes, I am 22-years-old, in college, and my weekend consists of nannying and volunteering at a children's lit conference...and homework.  Jealous?


No comments:

Post a Comment